Current and future generations have clean, safe, and fun places to enjoy the outdoors.
We are blessed to live in this beautiful place we call home.
So that we can ensure our children and grandchildren have the same opportunity to enjoy our clean, healthy surroundings, we are making deliberate choices in how we operate the County.
To learn more about what the County is doing, check out our 2017 Sustainability Annual Report.
- Explore ferry electrification
- Woodstove replacement initiative
- National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit renewal
- Facilities Resource Conservation Management program
- County trail system expansion (Foothills, Pipeline, Cushman, and Chambers Creek Canyon)
- Cross Park expansion
Community indicators provide insight into what is happening at the community level. Indicator data helps Pierce County to better assess the overall health and well-being of our community, benchmark ourselves against peer jurisdictions, and inform strategic planning efforts.
Program measures provide insight into county programs and initiatives. This data allows Pierce County to better monitor its operations and improve outcomes for the people we serve.